RCMP Heritage Centre
Since 1885, tens of thousands of men and women who have joined the RCMP have passed through the gates at Regina's ‘Depot’ Division. In order to don the iconic red serge, cadets from all over Canada spend months in training on the same grounds as many of their predecessors have for more than 125 years.
The RCMP Heritage Centre is located on ‘Depot’s’ front door step and is dedicated to telling the story of the RCMP.
Through interactive exhibits and programming, as well as tours and live events at ‘Depot’, visitors can experience the force of the past, present and future.
From the earliest days of the North-West Mounted Police when the force suppressed the whiskey trade, to the life of a Cadet and the RCMP’s current duties including, International Peace Operations the world over, “The Tradition Lives Here.”
For more information, please visit www.rcmpheritagecentre.com
What to Explore:
Main Exhibits – Educational and Interactive
• Creating a Mounted Police Force – The need for a police force
• Maintaining Law and Order in the West – Early struggles
• Protecting the North – Expanding our borders
• Serving All of Canada – The evolution of the Force
• Cracking the Case – Forensics at it’s best
• March of the Mounties – Different modes of RCMP transportation
• Coming Soon – The Musical Ride
Catch a movie in our state-of-the-art 124-seat SGI Canada Theatre
Programs & Tours
Sergeant Major’s Parade @ 12:45pm - Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday - ‘Depot’ (training academy)
Canada Day Sunset Retreat Ceremony @ 6:30pm – ‘Depot’
Please refer to our website for seasonal programming and tours
• Central Trading Post (Gift Shop) on site
• Wheel chair accessible / wheel chairs and strollers available for use
• Free parking / motorcoach and RV parking
• Bilingual services available upon request
For more information on hours and admission, and to learn more about our special events, additional programming, retail merchandise available for purchase, or our facility rental packages, please visit our website or call us.